Another Gluten-Free and Vegan Experiment…
What’s this? Another gluten-free experiment?!
You’re close… it’s another SUCCESSFUL gluten-free experiment. These gluten-free vegan pancakes are so fluffy and delicious, you’ll forget they are free from anything!!
Gluten-Free + Vegan American Style Pancakes
- 2 Bananas
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 250 ml Plant-Based Milk I use Oatly
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 240 grams Gluten-Free Self-Raising Flour I use Doves Freee Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 1 handful Blueberries
- Vegan Butter for cooking
- Heat up the oven to 160° (fan) and place a baking tray inside the oven
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl
- Mix in the wet ingredients with the mashed bananas
- Fold in the dry ingredients
- Add in the blueberries and mix in until incorporated
- Put a frying pan on a medium to high heat and melt a knob of butter
- Spoon out the batter in to the pan and cook for about 5-10 minutes, flipping regularly until golden and cooked on both sides (you'll make about 8 pancakes)
- Once you've finished frying the pancakes place them in the hot baking tray in the oven for another 5 minutes so they cook properly on the inside. You can stage this if you don't have enough space in your frying pan to cook all at once!